Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Real men eat quiche

I had a birthday party. I am old now. 37. So my friends came over and we did karaoke OnDemand. Also, I made many delicious foods. I made mini quiches. Never tried it before, but everyone scrafed them, especially the dudes.

My friend Mike came all the way from beautiful downtown Melvindale to hang out with me. He ate quiche. He went to the drag bar with me. He's the man! He came to the drag show because he likes me. He ate quiche because quiche is delicious. He likes me....I dunno why. I want to believe all the sweet things he says about me, but I've got a lifetime of negative reinforcement to work through.

Monni sang "Baby Got Back". My new work friend Kristin has an awesome voice. Also, four dozen cookies seem to have vanished into my pals. It's mysterious. I made sugar cookies and decorated them. Halloween. Nummy.

Happy birthday to me. Happy Sweetest Day to Mike (who is a sweetie). Happy! For now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha this reminds me of a friend of mine named Kristin (really, how many Kristin's are there in the world?). We were fourteen and her father took she and I (I am also a Kristin) to a fancy restaurant. She thought she would show off by ordering the spinach quiche, however, she pronounced it like kweejee. Our cute, French waiter not impressed!