Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blade of Glory

My hometown paper, the Toledo Blade, ran an interview with be about the book. There's a really nice picture -- I look borderline thinnish. The reporter did a lovely job. I'm always amazed when people like me, even after all this time and all the work I've done towards being a fine, funny and likable person.

The reporter did say I went to Boston College. I did not! I went to Boston University. Go terriers. I don't know where to, but go...someplace.

Anyway, here's the awesome Blade story.

It'll be linked to the right as well. Along with, of course, the link to the book at Amazon UK. I've heard it runs about $20 including the shipping. If you buy a copy, feel free to find me at Borders Toledo. I'm there a lot and will happily sign the book for you. I will allow you to buy me coffee, too, should you desire that special privilege. If you want to make sure I'll be around to sign the book, feel free to e-mail me through the blog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,
Excellent blog: D and very nice article that the Blade ran on you today. Just wanted to let you know there's a small post of your book Butterbabe on my blog http://merryweatherbookblog.com. Hope your book makes it to the US, would love to read it. (I'm a TPL fan by choice and circumstance).
Congratulations !
BevE

Rebecca Golden said...

Thanks, Bev! If you want to read the book sooner, it can be had at Amazon UK. I feel a little sheepish suggesting that, but I'm good for a free signature :)

I'll definitely check out your blog.

Anonymous said...

Rebecca:

What a treat to read the article in the Blade.
I was thrilled to learn that you had taken such a bold step. I've always loved your writing and I am excited that your surgery will allow you to display your skill and brilliant wit in an even more personal way. I mean, the possibilities -- particularly as it relates to self-reflection -- are endless and inspiring. Best wishes to u!

Brett Collins

Rebecca Golden said...

Thanks, Brett!

Hope all's well with you. C & M came to my reading at People Called Women, incidentally. They were very complimentary.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,

I don't take the Blade out here in the boonies, but MJ told me about your interview, so I read it online! Kudos! It was a good read.

Here's to Butterbabe being a success in the UK and making the trip across the Atlantic!

One of these days I'll get back to Toledo and maybe to Borders.

Take care
Teresa

Rambling Thoughts of Poohbear said...

Hello. I found out about your article and website from the WLS website. I had gastric bypass a year ago this month and it's been an interesting adventure. I researched the topic before deciding to have the surgery and don't regret it for a moment. After the surgery, I tried to find/read everything I could on the topic and people's personal experience. It seemed like everything found was more about the process and wasn't detailed enough. At 176 lbs lost, I've been learning to deal with the changed me -- a person who I don't sometimes recognize. Dealing with others has also been an experience. My journey has been more emotional than anything else. Well I'm glad I found your site and have bookmarked it. Looking forward to reading your book also. Take care. Landa

Rebecca Golden said...

Thanks, Pooh! I'm glad you're doing well with the surgery. I know how hard it is in the first year or two. Big adjustments and others' expectations can weigh on you. Horribly pun intended :) If you're ever in Toledo, give me a shout.

Rebecca