Friday, February 13, 2009

Reading!

The reading at People Called Women was awesome. Lots of people came (most called women, and a few guys). I read a funny chunk o'book about buying new clothes and about drag clubs. People laughed a whole lot. I felt very good about it. Angelle -- who took the pic of me in the Times of London -- came a took even more pix. Lyhnn and Esther, my dear pals and former employers -- turned out. Becca read a lovely poem about me. And people ate the cookies I made (some of which were naughty conversation hearts).

I want to welcome all the lovely people who showed to my blog. I've sent them e-mail about it. Many of them asked about buying the book. While we're thrilled with the UK response, we do want to tell them that they'll buy it in the States soon. But til then, I've posted a link to the book at Amazon.uk and include it here as well:

Butterbabe!

I am going to sleep. Tomorrow, I must buy new tires. Damn. But also: Yay! Book readings!

No comments: